Friday, March 19, 2010

Empires Have Been Started With Less...

 It has been while and I am getting back in touch with Str8cam Jeff once again to talk about how the evolution of his site has changed over the years. Hey, empires have been started with less. Enjoy, Love and Light, JD



 Are you surprised by how much STR8cam has grown over the years?

YES. I started http://www.STR8cam.com over 10 years ago as just some single str8 dude in the Army looking to cam and hook up with girls. Now it's still that straight dude but i'm no longer single and no longer in the military. Lately I have been focusing on growing STR8cam into more then just a simple cam site. Lately I have been working on creating my own line of STR8cam Gear and merchandise. Something that my fans have always wanted but I never really had the chance to start working on until now.


What was the reason that made you decide to take the site in the direction in which it is now? 

 I love a challenge. I love being able to start from scratch and then seeing where I can take it. As you know, lately I have been working on my new STR8cam Gear but I also still do my live cam shows every week. I'm eventually taking the site to a multi cam guy type of site where my str8cam.com members will be able to watch my cam but they will also be able to see other guys as well.


 On an average day how much time and effort do you put into making STR8cam fit the standard in which you personally think it should go? How do you come up with your ideas and what inspires you to do so? 

Lately I have been spending more and more time with STR8cam and less and less time at work. I eventually want to quit work and work STR8cam full time but it's a slow process. 

You don't ever want to quit one job before you have another one to move on to. A large portion of my STR8cam time goes into answering emails, xtube messages, twittering, setting up link swaps, updating my site with fresh new content, etc. Many of my ideas just come to me, many are sent to me by members and fans. For example, lots of my live shows are created from ideas that people email me. That's also what keeps my site fresh and interesting.



 I have reported on the products for your site. What was the spark that made you decide to go into merchandise for STR8cam after all these years? 
Lets see...the spark that helped me decide to go into merchandise and STR8cam Gear would have to be the challenge. Can I take a single type cam site and make it something bigger? Can i take a live cam system and now attempt to use the branding I have built to create my own gear? 

Also, age played a part. I will be 30 next month and I plan to keep camming as long as people are willing to watch me do it. But I never wanted to just stop at camming. I was always looking to take STR8cam to another level and now with my STR8camLube http://www.str8camlube.com I have finally been able to do so.


What was the reason you picked the specific products you now sell?
The biggest reason was because they fit into my shows and my str8cam.com cam site the best. For example, every time I shot a load I always needed to clean it up and therefor decided to make my own str8cam cum rags. Jerking off over the
years and adding vids and pics to Xtube I noticed that lots of people messaged me asking me if they could buy my used and abused jockstraps. 

So I decided to create my own str8camjockstraps http://www.str8camjockstraps.com and lastly I use lube pretty much every time i jerk off or butt fuck my wife so i wanted to create my own str8cam lube http://www.str8camlube.com


 I love my STR8cam Jockstrap. I even converted my partner, this was his first jock he had ever worn. Were there something about your jock in particular that you could not find in others on the market? 

I'm glad you love your STR8cam Jockstrap and that your partner now likes wearing jockstraps. I tried to make mine unique and stand out from others available. I went with small "butt bands" so you feel more free while wearing it. I also went with a smaller waist band then other jockstraps use. As you know I put my naked toon dick on the pouch of my jockstrap but what I also did was have the inside of my str8camjockstrap very soft and comfy. So it does not itch or scratch you when you wear it.

 I just received your STR8cam lube, thanks Jeff. It is truly unique from other lubes that I have used. What brought you to come up with your own personal lube, and what were you looking for with your own lube? 
You are welcum! I wanted you to have a bottle of str8camlube. I appreciate you asking me questions about it. I'm so proud of it and so happy it turned out just the way I wanted it to. 

I did not want to produce a lube that was clear like most other lubes available.

I wanted something that looked and felt like my cum. 

Something that did not get sticky or feel tacky and something that you don't have to keep applying over and over again because it dries up. I have only been selling it for a few months and to date I sold almost 100 bottles so it's doing really well. Most people opt for 2 BIG bottles at only $25 but some go for 1 HUGE bottle at only $13. I also added tons of reviews to http://www.str8camlube.com so that other people can see what makes str8cam lube stand out from the rest. It's been getting amazing reviews and I use it almost daily myself.


Are there any other STR8cam products coming down the pipe? 
Not really. But there might be. I'm not sure just yet. I'm really working hard right now on making STR8cam Lube more well known. It's been going great on twitter and that's really been helping me to get my str8camlube in more peoples
hands. They often get it and then twitpic it and then that gets retweeted and before I know it i'm filling up str8camlube bottles that same day. Future STR8cam products will most likely be a STR8cam Calendar, T shirts, and maybe even STR8cam Dongs... it takes a long time to bring an initial idea to reality. I'm extremely picky when it comes to STR8cam Gear


 Are you happy with the success of your personal line of products and the response you have received from your fans? 

I'm flabergasted! Speechless! I just can't believe that I sold almost 100 bottles of str8cam lube so quickly and almost 75 str8cam jockstraps. Those numbers might seem small to some people but to me that's a huge accomplishment. Each order was personally mailed by me, answered by me, handled by me.. The response has been amazing! 

Everyone is loving their str8cam lube www.str8camlube.com and loving how it is unlike anything else they have ever used before. Both on themselves with solo bate sessions or with their partners. My wife even loves it. I been getting more anal ever since we started using str8camlube because she says it hurts her ass less and feels better then other lubes we used to use.



 I have also noticed the jump from regular definition to HD. What brought you to start broadcasting in Hi Def? How hard was it to find a good camera to broadcast in HD? 

Oh man! This new HD is awesome! I always wanted to take STR8cam to HD but I could never afford it before. An HD camcorder would costs $2,500 to $4,000 but they they are around $1,000 so I bought one and it's been amazing ever since.
Because HD is such a high quality feed, I had to compress it some to get it to stream LIVE for a live cam show but it looks unreal.

Everyone at http://www.str8cam.com is loving my new upgrade. It was difficult to find an HD cam that would actually STREAM. After tons of research I found out that the only ones that would do it were the mini DV cam models. The new hard drive HD cams won't stream live because once u plug in the IEEE/firewire cable it attempts to download the video because its a hard drive based machine...
  


You have taken a simple cam site and turned it into a small empire, and your just getting started. What do you think the next step in the evolution of STR8cam will be for all of us who enjoy watching you do what you do?

I really like this question. It really makes me think where STR8cam will be in the years to cum. First off, it's going to have multiple solo cam operators on it. Existing members will get the additional guys for free as it won't be a pay per minute type system. New STR8cam.com members would get access to everything at STR8cam.com for one low monthly price. Unlimited downloads. Everything! That way I could also have something going on at STR8cam every day. 7 days a week at all times. The next major STR8cam cam upgrade will probably be when 3D camcorders and 3D camming becums available. Right now 3D TVS are starting to make their mark and starting to show up in households. I can;t wait to get one after the price comes down.. STR8cam Lube will replace other lubes. It will be as low as only $10 for a GIGANTIC 8 ounce bottle. I will drop the $5 shipping down to FREE SHIPPING on orders of say $20 or $25. It's going to be awesome. I always dream big. Sometimes I can't even sleep at night. Tossing and turning about what's next with STR8cam. It's almost 1 am here now....



Thank you for taking the time to talk to me. It is always a pleasure to let everyone know what is happening in the world of STR8cam. Do you have any last words for your viewers and those who have not yet been converted?

 No problem at all JD. It's always great talking with you. I just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to read our interview. I enjoyed doing it for you. I appreciate everyone following me on twitter and joining my site and supporting me Doing everything I do. You are great and you help me to make http://www.STR8cam.com better year after year. See you on http://twitter.com/str8cam


No comments: